Configure Windows App Permissions Settings
Sometimes, your Windows settings might prevent your browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Brave, etc.) from recording your camera, screen or microphone.
The solution is usually a quick, one-time change in your Windows settings, then you'll be good to go.
Using Mac? See those instructions here.
How to enable recording permissions for specific apps in Windows settings
- Start menu
- Right-click the shortcut or tile that points to the browser you're using, then select "More" > "App settings"
- From the Settings screen, you can head to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features, click an app, and click “Advanced Options.”
- Scroll down, and you’ll see the permissions the app can use under “App Permissions.” Find the permissions for camera, microphone, and/or screen recording and make sure they are all enabled.
Now, return to ZipMessage in your browser and try starting your recording again. Be sure to click "allow" when it prompts you to select your screen to share.
Still not working?
There's always a backup plan:
- You can switch to the "Upload" tab and simply upload a video or audio recording (that you've recorded elsewhere, like QuickTime) to a ZipMessage conversation.
- You can switch to using a different browser. For example, if you were on Firefox, try using Chrome.
Feel free to send us a support message and we'll be happy to help troubleshoot.