Types of users in ZipMessage
There are two types of users in ZipMessage:
- Account Members - The account owner and any other team members invited into the account. Account members are usually your employees or partners. Your plan determines how many account members (a.k.a. "team members") can be invited to your account.
- Respondants - Those who've registered while responding to a conversation. Respondants are usually customers and other people you invite to conversations. You can invite unlimited respondants to your conversations.
Let's dive into both of these in detail:
The person who creates the account is the first account member—the owner. You can invite other team members (employees, partners, etc.) to your account and they would all be members of your account.
See pricing to find out how many team member seats are available in your plan.
Team Members can be given any of these roles, which have the following permissions:
- Owner: There can only be one. Can do everything.
- Admin: Can do everything except manage billing for the account.
- Member: Can create and manage conversations in the account. Cannot invite other team members or change account settings.
When a person is invited to a conversation, and they register their user login while posting a message to a conversation, they become a respondant user.
Respondants can be invited to conversations and they can post messages to conversations. Being a respondant user in ZipMessage is completely free.
However, respondants cannot start conversations of their own. If respondant wants to make make full use of ZipMessage for their own use, they can start their own ZipMessage account, which will begin a free trial period.
If you have a respondant user login in ZipMessage and would like your own full ZipMessage account, you can add that by clicking "Conversations" then click "Try ZipMessage for yourself!"